The Raw Bean is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or The Raw Bean associated email marketing automation platforms, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Who we are
The Raw Bean located in Australia, collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you.
As The Raw Bean website and its marketing platforms reach is beyond Australian borders and in some cases within the South Pacific and North American regions, The Raw Bean adheres to regulations as necessary.
We are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information you provide voluntarily
Public information & third-party sites
The Raw Bean maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Your interactions with these platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. Anything you submit to The Raw Bean via a social media platform is done so at your own risk without any expectation of privacy.
Further, any comments or information you supply on any blog that Five The Raw Bean operates can be read, used or collected by anyone. If your information appears in our blog pages and you want it removed, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How we use your personal information
We use and disclose personal information to:
- We may use the information to supply, improve and support the products and services we provide (this includes using the data you provide to us The Raw Bean website and sharing this with our marketing platform to improve the services that we provide);
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Confirm your identity in using The Raw Bean website;
- Perform the obligations under applicable law (e.g. to communicate with you and provide support);
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorised or illegal activity;
- Fulfil requests that you may make;
- To process payments. Note that we use third-party payment gateway providers for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments.
- Send notifications about the The Raw Bean website; and
How long your personal information will be kept
In providing products and services to you, we will hold personal information for as long as we are providing you the products and services for or in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or prevent abuse. Otherwise, we only hold personal information for as long as is necessary.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
In relation to The Raw Bean direct customers, the lawful basis for which we rely on to collect and process your data is with consent, as typically you would have signed up to use one of our many information or educational services, or to buy our products.
If you are not The Raw Bean direct customer, we rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data in relation to contacting you further in certain situations. Our legitimate interests are usually to provide individuals with details of our products or services through direct marketing. If you are an individual, the basis on which we collect and use your personal data to contact you is often consent.
If you have any questions about the lawful basis on which we are processing your personal data, please contact email@example.com
Since we’ve adopted the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, lodge a data subject request, or have a complaint or question, please email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping your personal information secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 1 November 2018. We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via email.
Controlling your personal information and how to contact us
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect